Monday 6 October 2014

CN Mine dump 웃 Ontario, Canada! 웃 ⚑ ✍ ☑

CN mine dump

It was a long day, completely forgot to take photos and to be honest, 
I was so tired I didnt even get a good chance to find what I was after. I figured, what the heck, Its only about an hour away, I'll come back and have a crack at it later this year. For now, this will have to do. 


Another easy locale for the rock collector and it is still an impressive mound of rubble hording a few interesting specimens. I only noticed extremely small fragments of sodalite intermixed amongst things, and to be honest I dont know much about the rock here. So, I decided I'd take a few samples, study it back at home and come again with an educated guess. 
No need to worry about bears here, Only joggers, 
OoooOoooOooHH'gooody bOOooOogedy!
(Its Halloween... Im in the spirit.)

CN Mine dump- Bancroft, Ontario.


Im not sure if your suppose to pull right up, but I did. I had been to three mines already and this was like going to help a friend move an entire house after just winning a firemen competition.
In front of the car you can see a white mound, that is the mine dump. Say maybe 20-30 ft high, dont ask me how wide, yeeessh. Very relaxing spot. Very convenient to just pull up. No need for major tools. 

All thats needed is 
  1. Bucket, 
  2. pick 
  3. crack hammer 
  4. goggles 
  5. gloves
  6. something to shovel the rock

Also, its always best to bring a bottle of water to wash specimens of dirt 
( if you can get a squirt bottle from a tattoo supplier they work  really well for this). 

And to be honest, that would be overkill, you can just go and pick samples off the ground if you want.

I will give a more detailed experience of how to get there and the minerals available on the second trip as this was all a blur of adrenaline fueled rockhounding by this time in the day.  

I shall come back and conquer you CN mine... I shall!. 
( Muah huh hahahah, hahaha) 
( Sorry, sorry, Halloween, Wont do it again.)

............. BOO!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment